Intern position – Start a School!
Seeking intern to help with startup activitiesAre you looking for some good references and resume input? We are in need of some part-time help in getting this awesome high-school open next fall. Some of the invaluable things you can take away from this position for your resume include:
- Ability to work independently
- Curriculum development
- Grants research/writing
- Marketing including social media marketing
- Website/content updating
- General office duties
- Meeting/event planning
- Entrepreneurial (startup) experience
- Basic understanding and use of tools required for the job: MS Office and/or Mac iWorks applications (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations), Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Social media apps such as Facebook & Twitter, Canva.com, iMovie (podcast editing)
Following are the specifics.
- Hours: Approx. 20 per week
- Location: 500 Baptist Lane, Chester, VA
- Pay: This is a non-paying intern position with the potential to lead into a position with the school.
- Responsibilities: Will increase as you show your readiness for the tasks and working independently. Some of the things we need help with include: grant searches and writing; developing/updating the website; help with social media and awareness for the school; reaching out to potential partners; helping to plan meetings and events leading up to the opening; helping to develop/write up curriculum; helping to develop our crowdsourcing campaign; podcast editing and posting, content writing, and more.
- Requirements: Strong work ethic, desire to help us succeed in this endeavor so we can help teenagers who are struggling with school, access to a computer and tools (if you plan to do some of the work offisite), flexibility, adaptability, willingness to learn, open-minded, interest in most of the topics covered above, some computer experience.
Please fill out the application below:
Cheryl Tan Media Podcast 49: [Strategy]
Re-engage Your Tribe with Resi Connell
Richmond Magazine – Private School Report 2017
NBC12 – Farm-based high school offers alternative for students
Goochland Gazette - "A new view of school"
Educators Challenged to Increase Interest in Agriculture