Intern position – Startup Activities
Seeking intern to help with startup activitiesAre you looking for some good references and resume input? We are in need of some part-time help in getting this awesome high-school open next fall. Some of the invaluable things you can take away from this position for your resume include:
- Ability to work independently
- Curriculum development
- Grants research/writing
- Marketing including social media marketing
- Website/content updating
- General office duties
- Meeting/event planning
- Entrepreneurial (startup) experience
- Basic understanding and use of tools required for the job: MS Office and/or Mac iWorks applications (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations), Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Social media apps such as Facebook & Twitter, Canva.com, iMovie (podcast editing)
Following are the specifics.
- Hours: 10-20 per week
- Location: The startup office is currently in Culpeper, VA. The School will open in the Richmond area – most likely in Goochland County not far from the Short Pump area. We will need to work together to talk about things, provide you with training as needed, etc. But that does not necessarily need to be on our farm in Culpeper. You may work here with me as often as you want, we can meet at mutually beneficial locations (with internet access), and you can do some of the work on your own.
- Pay: This is a non-paying intern position.
- Responsibilities: Will increase as you show your readiness for the tasks and working independently. Some of the things we need help with include: grant searches and writing; developing/updating the website; help with social media and awareness for the school; reaching out to potential partners; helping to plan meetings and events leading up to the opening; helping to develop/write up curriculum; helping to develop our Kickstarter campaign; podcast editing and posting, content writing, and more.
- Requirements: Strong work ethic, desire to help us succeed in this endeavor so we can help teenagers who are struggling with school, access to a computer and tools (if you plan to do some of the work offisite), flexibility, adaptability, willingness to learn, open-minded, interest in most of the topics covered above, some computer experience.
Please fill out the application below:
Richmond Magazine – Private School Report 2017
NBC12 – Farm-based high school offers alternative for students
Goochland Gazette - "A new view of school"
Educators Challenged to Increase Interest in Agriculture
Download the FREE ebook!